First off, thanks everyone for all the great info on this site!

I finally got to a range where I could really let the Saiga 12 go (my local one doesn't allow shotguns).

It was a load of fun, it appeared to cycle bird shot 100% on the low brass setting, but when on the high brass, I did have some problems

my saiga doesn't seem to like Remington slugger rounds (they sometimes won't eject fully), which I think is the round's fault, the recoil felt about half of 00 12 pellet buckshot I had staggered with it in the mag.

the only other problem I faced was when I tried to load a round in one of my mags, the round got stuck on the feed lip, which caused the end of the shell to become deformed rendering the shell unusable, I then removed the shell and racked it again to the same end. after that I couldn't replicate the problem.

all in all I'm happy with the gun, I think most of my problems will subside with copious amounts of shooting.

and I'm happy to see that there are 8 rounders available now, the 10's are great but I'm not a fan of the monopod effect they cause when prone.

Edited by Trent