Bolt-Head Pin #20

I noticed that the Bolt-Head pin seems loose. I can actually move it out a little by just slapping the bolt on my palmn. I tried drifting it in tighter with a hammer, but after shooting it became loose again. I also notice contact marks on the bolt carrier, on the paint. It appears that the bolt carrier keeps this pin from coming out. Is it supposed to be removed by just using the drift without requiring a hammer? To get to the firing pin, I can remove this pin by just applying hand pressure to the drift that it comes with. Do all saigas have bolt-head pins that behave this way?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mine does. I just launched the bolt face, firing pin, spring, and drift pin across the room. <_<

I just pushed out the drift pin and away it went... didn't go too far and hey, now I know how to tear that down and put it back together.

Mine does. I just launched the bolt face, firing pin, spring, and drift pin across the room. <_<

I just pushed out the drift pin and away it went... didn't go too far and hey, now I know how to tear that down and put it back together.

Do you have a scratch mark on the paint on your bolt carrier where the pin faces it when assembled?

• 1 month later...

My bolt just did the same thing and went flying. Luckily I believe I found all the parts. So, is the firing pin actually 2 pieces?

Parts I found were the bolt face, roll pin that you can just pop out whenever you want obviously, spring and 2 firing pins (one short which I believe you put the spring over and a very long one that goes in to the stem portion) Did I miss anything. Searched for a bolt disassembly thread........

Edited by Delta 5.56
My bolt just did the same thing and went flying. Luckily I believe I found all the parts. So, is the firning pin actually 2 pieces?

Parts I found were the bolt face, roll pin that you can just pop out whenever you want obviously, spring and 2 firing pins (one short which I believe you put the spring over and a very long one that goes in to the stem portion) Did I miss anything. Searched for a bolt disassembly thread........

It sounds like you have everything. The firing pin is two piece and is spring loaded.