I'm Stumped... WTF is this?

OK, I have an opportunity to pick up another saiga. Ive done conversions before but Im not an expert. My buddy has this saiga that has a button extending near the trigger. I didn't want to ask him about it, but I have no problems revealing my ignorance to a bunch of people on the internet! :haha: I have posted a picture below. What the heck is it?

• Like 1
That would be your bolt hold open lever.

. . . and as you can see from its location, it is usually left off ( on rifle conversions ) or severely ground down ( on shotgun conversions ) due to the propensity for recoil to make your hand engage it when you don't want it engaged.

• 4 weeks later...
is there a way to keep the BHO? i just got mine, looking to do the conversion, but i was hoping to keep the bho operational

Look at the hammer in your unconverted S12 and note that the right side of the hammer is shortened to accomodate the BHO. Just grind your replacement hammer the same to be able to continue using the BHO feature.

And, welcome to the forum!