compliance law

I thought all of the Saigas were built as sporting firearms and so do not have to comply with 922r. It is only when you convert them into a non-sporting configuration such as adding a pistol grip that you have to have no more than 10 foreign parts. There are lots of semi-auto foreign rifles and shotguns that are imported to the USA that have no USA parts because they are "sporting" firearms.

I thought all of the Saigas were built as sporting firearms and so do not have to comply with 922r. It is only when you convert them into a non-sporting configuration such as adding a pistol grip that you have to have no more than 10 foreign parts. There are lots of semi-auto foreign rifles and shotguns that are imported to the USA that have no USA parts because they are "sporting" firearms.

Yeah, I think he means for the converted ones.

has any one ever had some one tear apart there rifle to see if they acutally got so many american parts? its a retarded law? i bet 9 out of 10 people couldn't tell a stock from a clip

The ATF manually uses 922r for stacking charges... For example, you get caught on robbery. The ATF strips your rifle, finds you violate this law, they can slap additional charges onto your record to encourage plea bargins for a guilty plea. That has been the only time I've seen it come into use.

Still, wouldn't surprise me if you got a visit from the ATF on unrelated matters and they decided to take their anger out on you. Best just to comply with the law.

Personally, if I was an LEO, I would rarely enforce these obtuse gun laws. Unless they're committing a crime with a 922r violator or AWB non-compliance firearm, I could care less.

The ATF manually uses 922r for stacking charges... For example, you get caught on robbery. The ATF strips your rifle, finds you violate this law, they can slap additional charges onto your record to encourage plea bargins for a guilty plea. That has been the only time I've seen it come into use.

Questions: Have you actually ever seen 922® used this way? Is there anyplace this sort of thing is documented?

Larry