Rail rib sight

Well, again with this issue... I know, I know... it's already been beaten to death and still has got some kick left.

I just don't know how to properly align it... Are the back "ears", or whatever you call them, supposed to be at the same height or higher than the bead in front?

Or you could just answer this for me... are you or are you not supposed to see the rail in your view when aiming? I see the rail if the top bead is aligned to the rear. I thought the top of the bead and the rear (^ T ^) are supposed to be aligned as such since the bead is flat on top. Someone please clarify this for me, I have never seen a sight like this before... either just bead or just the notch (pistol type) sights... never two intermingling as one, like this.

I'm sure someone else out there has gotten their rib sight working... why would they put it on otherwise? It either looks like ^ I ^ with the flat top of the bead lined up with the rear "ears" (and rail showing) or like ^ x ^ without the rail in view.

Your sight picture should be the same with the Saiga rail as it is for any other shotgun with a bead sight. The bead should sit on the top fo the rail and the rail should not be visible.

I'm trying to think of how to explain how to get the 'right' sight picture if you've never used a bead sight on 'sporting' shotguns. Hmmm...

(This paragraph explains how to understand what the sight picture should look like, not how you should get a sight picture for bird hunting or sporting clays.)

Okay, lower your eyes/cheeck on the stock until you look through the 'ears' and see no bead. Slowly raise your eyes/cheek until the bead appears just appears in the center of the ears. You should not see the rail. This is your sight picture. [ . ]

When you get used to this sight picture and know where your cheeck should sit on the shotgun, you'll be able to 'draw' your gun for hunting/clays and get the sight picture virtually instantaneously with practice.

Edited by RDSWriter