Justing started conversion - Having trouble with Tapco T6 stock

I'm an S12 virgin just who just lost my innocence with the first step in my conversion. I installed a Tapco T6 collapsible stock (which I thought would have been a no-brainer). After getting everything tightened up, I have a gap between the stock and the frame of the weapon about the width of a #8 flat screw driver bit. The top of the stock is flush against the weapon but the bottom of the stock isn't - hence the gap.

post-14597-1238275060_thumb.jpg post-14597-1238275692_thumb.jpg

As a result, there is some "play" in the pistol grip even though I have tightened the screw that attaches the pistol grip to the weapon as tight as possible without stripping it. I haven't fired the weapon yet but I am afraid that the "play" in the grip might be an issue with recoil from the weapon.

Question:

1) Am I a complete moron who screwed up what should have been an idiot proof install? :ded:

or

2) Is this something that anyone else has encountered and found a solution for?

Thanks for any input.

did you drill your own holes in stock, or where they pre drilled?

did you use a rubber mallet to tap stock befor putting in screws..

some instructions say to shave this or that.

if stock is solid dont worry about it.

i have a 1/16th inch gap in mine, and can live with it..

is the pistol grip hitting the trigger garde?

could that be the problem?

Edited by DrWho

Thanks Dr. Who - I took a look at the grip and found that I - like a moron - had attached it in the hole where the third short screw should have gone rather than in the hole behind it (which I didn't initially see) which I should have used. That pushed the grip too far forward and didn't firmly attach the stock to the frame at the bottom.

I got a shorter screw the same diameter as the long screw that attaches the grip to the stock and used that in the third hole since I had already made it too large to use the small screw originally supplied with the stock. That made the stock "snug up" just fine and when I attached the grip using the hole that was meant to be used everything worked great.

Guess the answer to the question in my original post was (1) - I am a moron.

Thanks again Doc.