Muzzle thread diameter?

Been mulling over the idea of putting a FH on the 223. My original plan was to use the Bulgy '74 FSB and the Bulgy AR M1 FH. But it doesn't fit w/o turning the bbl. 2nd idea was pulling the entire FSB and replacing it with a chinese one --supposedly the same diameter. Finally decided on cutting some of the sleeve off and threading the bbl then using a 14 to 24mm adapter and the AR M1 FH (might even try to build up a bayo lug, or not).

Anyone know if the muzzle will take 14x1 threads? I'd like to know before taking the sleeve off. I've already got a 14x1 threading kit so I only need to get a 223 cal TAT from Dyna Systems for the 14mm die. With my luck the bbl will need 1/2 28 threads and I'll need a die too :cryss:

PS. Gallil Orlite mags seem to fit well in the Saiga (see the recent thread on Gallil mags) and you don't need a feed ramp if you build up the front of the mag with a durable epoxy (I reinforced it with a brass #6 bolt). These mags fill the whole mag well like the factory ones. The feed lips look like they may be a weak spot like on the AR Orlites, but time will tell how they hold up.