L shaped retainer spring issues on my conversion

I've tried searching for this issue for the last few days and haven't turned up anything. I'm almost done with my conversion except for the retainer spring. The end that slides under the hammer axis pin has a loop on it and actually hits the mag well block (sorry, I don't know the technical name for this block) on my S-12. My question is would it cause any issues if I cut that end so the retainer spring will fit all the way in (ex: sliding loose). I don't imagine it would but I just thought I'd ask to make sure. Thanks for any help offered guys.

Don't cut anything.

That end that "gets in the way" is actually the spring that forces the wire into the hammer pivot pin slot.

Just stick it in as far as it'll go nad lock it in place with the safety lever. It'll work fine.

Edited by nalioth
Thanks for the heads up nalioth. I won't cut that spring now. I was just wondering because I'm going to have to bend the "L" part to reach the safety lever and didn't know if that would mess anything up. You've been a great help.

Yes, that's how it works.

You wedge the bottom end under the hammer pivot, so the wire gets forced into the slot there.

You then bend the wire over the trigger pivot so it drops into that slot.

Finally, you bend it so the safety lever can go through the upper hole and that locks it all into place.