another newcomer

Hey good to be here with all the Saiga dudes and dudesses. I should have my 12 by tomorow. I'm trying to understand all the talk on this site, going slow but gaining knowledge thanks to all of you!! I want to convert, but I'm not going to do it myself, don't want to ruin a good gun. So, I was wondering if any of you could chime in and help me out.

I know Tony Rumore is the man, but he's backed up till 2011, right? So, I will list who I thought I would go with and hope

some of you will respond with feedback. I'm looking for reliability (isn't everyone) more than looks, but hey, looks are great too. So here goes

E-Tac Rifle Dynamics VOW FBMG Red Jacket

Please add any others you know are good. Also, can anyone tell me what is up with the sbs, I thought the legal limit on

a shotgun barrel was 18 inches. Please enlighten me oh wise ones. I hope you all excuse my ignorance, but we all have to

start somewhere. THANKS for all the info, all of you!!

Hey good to be here with all the Saiga dudes and dudesses. I should have my 12 by tomorow. I'm trying to understand all the talk on this site, going slow but gaining knowledge thanks to all of you!! I want to convert, but I'm not going to do it myself, don't want to ruin a good gun. So, I was wondering if any of you could chime in and help me out.

I know Tony Rumore is the man, but he's backed up till 2011, right? So, I will list who I thought I would go with and hope

some of you will respond with feedback. I'm looking for reliability (isn't everyone) more than looks, but hey, looks are great too. So here goes

Please add any others you know are good. Also, can anyone tell me what is up with the sbs, I thought the legal limit on

a shotgun barrel was 18 inches. Please enlighten me oh wise ones. I hope you all excuse my ignorance, but we all have to

Seriously,if you have ANY mechanical aptitude you can convert your own Saiga.Why wait and spend hundreds of extra dollars when the fine members of this forum will babysit you through every step?

Nothing beats knowing that you don't need some guy hundreds of miles away to build up your favorite gun.

I can convert an S12 on a kitchen table with a cold chisel,hammer,dremel tool with cutoff wheel and a 1/8th carbide burr in about 30 minutes start to finish so I am sure you could figure it out in a weekend with some guidance.

http://www.strimoo.com/video/15745985/Saig...sion-Vimeo.html

Also, can anyone tell me what is up with the sbs, I thought the legal limit on

a shotgun barrel was 18 inches.

SBS requires prior federal approval and a nominal fee of $200 to acquire a Tax Stamp attached to a piece of paper that specifies that you have legally obtained permission to have the weapon in question.

You must live in a state that permits NFA weapons and have a chief LEO that will sign the paperwork

Seriously,if you have ANY mechanical aptitude you can convert your own Saiga.Why wait and spend hundreds of extra dollars when the fine members of this forum will babysit you through every step?

Nothing beats knowing that you don't need some guy hundreds of miles away to build up your favorite gun.

I can convert an S12 on a kitchen table with a cold chisel,hammer,dremel tool with cutoff wheel and a 1/8th carbide burr in about 30 minutes start to finish so I am sure you could figure it out in a weekend with some guidance.

Thanks so much for the video link, looks simple enough. I need a dremel though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also, can anyone tell me what is up with the sbs, I thought the legal limit on

a shotgun barrel was 18 inches.

SBS requires prior federal approval and a nominal fee of $200 to acquire a Tax Stamp attached to a piece of paper that specifies that you have legally obtained permission to have the weapon in question.

You must live in a state that permits NFA weapons and have a chief LEO that will sign the paperwork

Thanks for the info. You all are the best!!