A few questions about a conversion that I am doing

Just picked up a Saiga S12 that should be delivered in a few days. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this first build I wanted to do an had a couple of questions. I want the gun to be 922r compliant and do the absolute minimum machining. Hopefully I can just take parts off and put on new parts. Here are the parts I have picked out.

Forearm: Surefire Saiga 12 Tri-Rail Forearm - Generation 1

From what I can tell this should be just a couple of screws to put back on

Trigger Guard: Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard

I know I am going to have to pop the rivets out, so am not worried about this part.

Trigger: Tromix Fire Control Group

It looks like I will have to drill out a few rivets and replace them with screws and also drill a hole for the pistol grip to attach, anything else I am missing.

Brake: Shark Brake

I can figure how to screw this on.

*edit* new stock

Stock: T6 Stock

Thanks for the stock suggestions guys

*edit* added pistol grip

Pistol grip: SAW pistol grip

Would love if anyone can help.

also do I need this screw kit or does maa ship all the small parts you need?

screw kit

Edited by tante

If you're moving the FCG forward you'll want another stock. That looks to be for guns without the trigger moved forward. Lots of different options out there, maybe this http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=161 and http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=135

At first glance looks like you got it covered. Trigger guard should come with a shepherds crook so shouldn't need a retainer plate.

Edited by Wotan1105
Stock: M4 Stock

This is where I am really confused. Since this already has a pistol grip attached, do I even need the screw from the trigger guard above. Also do I need a receiver back plate? would I have to drill screw holes?

Don't get the one in your link, get THIS ONE and a SAW grip.

The SAW grip goes right on the Tromix DIY guard, and the tapco stock replaces the factory stock. Done deal.

EDIT TO ADD: LOL, it's the same stuff Wotan linked.

Edited by BobAsh

You should be good, the DIY trigger guard comes with all the screws you need. Stock will probably also come with screws, that I'm not 100% about but I think you're fine. One thing I did overlook, if you're taking out the FCG you'll need to plug those holes. Can get some little nylon hole plugs, Dinzag offers them and can probably find something at Home Depot. And chances are you'll already have the pistol grip hole cut already unless you've checked. My two already had them. Could maybe even use a hole or two to screw into the stock I know some people have done that as well.

Edited by Wotan1105