Something a little different on my "M"

Finally got my FCG to finish my conversion on my 20" "M" Saiga last week. So, today I had time to install it. Other than a little pissin contest with the BHO, went together as well as my 16" "standard" I did last month. But, when I checked it all out when I was finished, found out the safety wouldn't work. Compared it with my 16", but never found anything different in looks/appearance between the two. Checked the trigger group out since the first one was unmarked and the new one was Tapco marked. But, no difference there. Watched how they both functioned, seemed like the 20" trigger would move far enough to release the hammer before it hit the safety leg. So I got out my calipers and measured each leg. The safety leg on the "M" model was approx .070 shorter than the leg on the 16" "standard" Saiga. I'm assuming that with the extra linkage on the "M" model, the leg doesn't need to be as long. So, looks like I'll have to order a new(standard) safety lever. Has anyone else converted the "M" model and found this? Seems like I read something about this somewhere once, but at the time I didn't think anyone had associated as a specific of that model. Seems like at the time everyone just thought it was a bad safety. Greg