So I decided to add a pistol grip and new butt-stock to my .223 here's what i got:

s6301312y.jpg

I went out and put a few rounds though it and though i f'd something up as the trigger seemed go all the way back to the guard before it fired.... so I took the gun apart again and made sure everything was right... it was ( hard to messup an ak i guess ) It just feels bad so i decide to move the trigger forward and here's what i ended up with....

s6301317k.jpg

I ordered a tapco G2 Trigger group and i have a few questions.

1. The BHO plate... does that have to be modified?

2. The stock rivets that are drilled out do they need to be replaced with anything (binding post???)?

Thanks in advance,

Lt

Edited by Lt_JWS
You'll find it poking your hand during range sessions (if you're right handed). If so, some grind it down so it barely sticks out, but is still usable (If you want to keep it).

I personally chunk all BHOs on Saiga rifle conversions.

2. The stock rivets that are drilled out do they need to be replaced with anything (binding post???)?
It's your rifle.

The holes aren't hurting anything.

I left mine open (more drainage).

You'll find it poking your hand during range sessions (if you're right handed). If so, some grind it down so it barely sticks out, but is still usable (If you want to keep it).

It's your rifle.

If You chunk the BHO does it matter if you have the tromix already modified FCG?

It's your rifle.

Ok thanks for the help, im a lefty! So none of hardware needs something to mount to where the rivets were?

Edit: I've looked @ 2 conversion guides... they are putting a spring on a post where the rivets were...im guessing BHO spring?? Would the surefire mags still hold the bolt open? Is it a stand alone BHO??

Edited by Lt_JWS
If You chunk the BHO does it matter if you have the tromix already modified FCG?

When removing the BHO with a Tromix modified FCG, you'll need to get a few small washers in there to make up the length difference on the BHO side of the hammer shaft. If you're left handed, the BHO is probably not an issue. If you're right handed, grinding the BHO nub may be easier than adding washers.

Ok thanks for the help, im a lefty! So none of hardware needs something to mount to where the rivets were?

The holes are aesthetic. If you don't like lookin' at 'em, fix 'em. If they don't bother you, don't worry about it.

My holes are left open until I get off my hiney and find me a good welder (which will probably be when I get a stack of Saigas that need welding), at which point I'm gonna have all the Klinton holes welded up. Until then, they're not hurting anything.

When removing the BHO with a Tromix modified FCG, you'll need to get a few small washers in there to make up the length difference on the BHO side of the hammer shaft. If you're left handed, the BHO is probably not an issue. If you're right handed, grinding the BHO nub may be easier than adding washers.

The holes are aesthetic. If you don't like lookin' at 'em, fix 'em. If they don't bother you, don't worry about it.

My holes are left open until I get off my hiney and find me a good welder (which will probably be when I get a stack of Saigas that need welding), at which point I'm gonna have all the Klinton holes welded up. Until then, they're not hurting anything.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! Any tips or tricks that would come in handy? I've had my saiga for about a year now and just started to mod it :)