• 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the Collapsible Butt Stock Tube w/ Shock Absorber for AK 47 from fab defense? What do you think? Looking for an adjustable and comfortable stock.

I have bought one to try.Did require a bit of fitting as was hitting against the most rearward rivet before seating fully.Nothing 30 secs dremmelling wont fix.Not made to the highest of standards but neither is the cost.Have not shot it yet.Will be shooting slug/buck and 35g loads over this weekend so will report back.

They make some decent stuff. I am thinking of ordering one of their railed hand guards for my Uzi. But keep in mind that they are made overseas and are therefore evil for 922r purposes.

Update.

As mentioned above I have fitted one to my S12. Apart from a little removal of excess material at the end of the buffer (30 sec dremel job to clear the rearward rivet), fitting was a simple job of tightening two screws.

Shooting with slug ,buck and 35g birdshot,showed a small reduction in felt recoil but not significant.Of much more significance was the tendency for the magazines to be ejected from the gun onto the ground.As the spring in the buffer is compressed and released,it imparts load to the gun throwing it forward.This dislodged the magazine on about 1 time out of ten shots.Please note my gun has a factory magwell with drop free magazines and I was using a factory 8 shot mag with a +2 extension so the weight of 10 heavy rounds was in each mag. It may well be that with the rock and lock type mag with fewer cartridges that this would not happen. I cannot recomend it to people with the factory magwell. I have now removed it from my gun and the magazines stay in place!!