New York State Saiga,I'm confused

I live in UpState Central New York State. I just recieved as a gift from my wife a new Saiga.I have been following the Saiga forum and it's great. I have read the Federal and NYS laws reguarding to converting my Saiga. I am confused in reguards to New Yorks law about rear stock changes. I have a hunting stock now. I want a Tapco stock with a pistol grip. The tapco is adjustable and not allowed in NYS. Will I be leagle if I pin the tabco so it is no longer an adjustable stock but a fixed stock. Thanks for your help.

Yes, if you permanently modify it to a fixed position it will be NY legal.

I'd recommend the slightly more expensive ACE block/grip/stock for the non converted rifles. They cost a little more but look much better and are a lot sturdier.

post-15286-1242058751_thumb.jpg

However for a TRUE pistol grip configuration you really should just convert the rifle. Its actually the same price roughly, and looks and functions much better.

Yes, if you permanently modify it to a fixed position it will be NY legal.

I'd recommend the slightly more expensive ACE block/grip/stock for the non converted rifles. They cost a little more but look much better and are a lot sturdier.

post-15286-1242058751_thumb.jpg

However for a TRUE pistol grip configuration you really should just convert the rifle. Its actually the same price roughly, and looks and functions much better.

Thanks for giving me the answer I was hopeing to hear. I also agree with you on a ACE set up and I'll proberly go that route. I'm new to the Saiga and I have found this site GREAT. I've got the Saiga bug, and it feels gooood.

I live in UpState Central New York State. I just recieved as a gift from my wife a new Saiga.I have been following the Saiga forum and it's great. I have read the Federal and NYS laws reguarding to converting my Saiga. I am confused in reguards to New Yorks law about rear stock changes. I have a hunting stock now. I want a Tapco stock with a pistol grip. The tapco is adjustable and not allowed in NYS. Will I be leagle if I pin the tabco so it is no longer an adjustable stock but a fixed stock. Thanks for your help.

Yes as long as it's pinned in place it would be legal. I live in Western NY and I did the full pistol grip conversion. It's very easy to do and there is a ton of info on this site about doing one. I think you'd be pleased with a standard ak setup like mine. Here is a pic of mine. If I can do this conversion anyone can. Mine is 922r compliant and NYS compliant with removed bayonet lug, permanently attached comp and pre-ban mags.

post-13757-1242173540_thumb.jpg

post-13757-1242173557_thumb.jpg

post-13757-1242173571_thumb.jpg

Edited by gunguy98