Pros and Cons of Tapco T6 Foldable stock

Tapco stocks aren't too expensive and the quality is decent (not as good as a milspec CAR, IMO)

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I can't stand the AR15 style buffer tube stock on any rifle that doesn't require a buffer tube. I'd rather have the more significant space savings of a true folder. Since I use 6 position type stocks at 2-3 notches out, 'folding' saves me an inch and a half. Big whoop.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Tapco folder on mine and it was an early model with a plastic folding pin which broke on the way to the range. I called Tapco the next day and the guy who worked there was surprised that I had that pin which they replaced with a steel one. They sent me a steel pin and retainer by Friday of the same week. Now the folder works okay.

The plastic pin has a big stress concentration where the diameter changes abruptly from small to large and that's where it broke. Had they used a carbon fiber rod and turned it to fit they would not have experienced pin breaks.