Saiga-12 bolt stuck rearward prolem

Tried the search but couldn't find what I was looking for. The bolt on my saiga-12 is stuck in the open position. The small metal button that is the manual bolt hold open has retracted up into the reciever and I can't see it anymore. This didn't happen during shooting but when I was at home and attempted to lock the bolt to the rear. Do you guys know anything about how to fix this? Anyone in the San Diego area able to help (+compensation)? Thanks alot for your help

Thats what I was trying to do but there appears to be a spring or wire which is blocking the BHO hole so that the tab cannot exit the reciever.

Would think that's the BHO spring. Use some sort of thin fine point instrument to try and move it out of the way enough for the tab to protrude. Worst case you might have to take the crosspin out and reinstall the BHO. The spring may have slipped off the lever. There are some helpful threads on how to do this without going crazy.

Definitely sounds like the spring slipped off the lever. It's happened to me twice. Luckily I had the cover off the second time.

Try and get to it like tritium suggested. If you can push the spring out of the way and get a grip on the lever with some needle nose pliers and pull it out, it'll save you a lot of grief, otherwise you'll have to open it up.

I'll assume the reciever cover is still on, and with the bolt locked back, it will be a pain to get off. It can be done though, just takes a lot of muscle. If you can do that, you can stick a thin but sturdy piece of metal (a screw driver or thick metal ruler, something small enough to fit inside but strong enough to do the job) into the reciever and jam the BHO lever back into place enough to release the bolt.

After you accomplish that, there are ways to get the spring back onto the lever without going nuts but, one thing at a time eh? :lol:

Ok I got the BHO lever out and took out the bolt and carrier. now how do I get the spring back onto the BHO

You don't. You leave it (and the BHO) out so that doesn't happen again. ;) But if you must, the fishing line/dental floss trick worked for me in the past.

The best way to leave it in and prevent it from happening again, is to bend the leg of the spring over the lever. You might be able to grab onto it somehow and lift it back into position but, that's something you'd have to figure out how to with materials available to yourself. I used a little piece of brass pipe (for model kits) bent on the end to slide over the spring and reposition it. Makes it easier.

The other way is to take apart the fire control group and put it back in. There are a number of tutorials and intructions around the site on how to do it. CSS also have a video that explains another way to do it.