Original 10 round magazine after magazine catch conversion?

If you've not ground the latch too much, they'll lock in fine.

Since you're not having feeding trouble, you probably won't need to reduce the factory magazine's front lip (built in magazine feed ramp).

Mine works fine after filing the catch and WITHOUT changing the factory mag bullet guide. It still fit with the Dinzag bullet guide. I also change my 10 rounder into a 15. Very handy!

RangeMaster:

What did you do to change the 10 rounder into a 15?

Also, I did not file the catch, rather I filed the AK mags to fit the factory setting so that I could leave the gun as imported, but still have high cap american made mags (3 parts + an american made foregrip).

Capt. Art

Easiest way is to get a Tapco +5 AK follower (shorter), cut off about 2/5ths of you spring, and trim the spring guide protrusion sticking up from the locking plate as shown.

15mag2.jpg

15mag1.jpg

PS if you trim the mag catch carefully, the factory mag still works, and any AK mag works.

I did a thread on this about 3 months ago, but I couldn't find it with the search either.

Edited by imarangemaster
  • 2 weeks later...

I trimmed my original follower. I put the magazine upside down, put the 15 rounds in, then put the follower in. I scribed a line on the follower, then cut it a little shorter. Make sure you have the first bulllet on the correct side for the follower.