First Shoot!

Got my 2 Saiga 12's from CDW (awesome service FYI) and took them to the range. Loaded up a Pro mag with 5 rounds of Estate 00 Buck and the gun worked flawlessly right out of the box. Funny thing is the factory extened mag will not fit the gun but the ProMag is perfect. I am sure that will be an easy fix. Second gun same result. Same mag issue. Tried some Slugs (Estate) same result, I had som low brass Diana bird shot and this created a FTE on setting 1, did not try setting 2, I for got my tools and could not move the adjuster by hand. These guns are awsome and I am sure with some tweaking (and help with some sponsor parts, plus a few of my own design) I will have no problem making them 100% reliable and exactly what I wanted. Blew about 50 rounds through each gun and my shoulder got tired. I am conveting one but after shooting them I may leave one as-is only cleaning up the internals and swapping out for the GunFixer plug and maybe a piston. I did tons of reading here before my purchase thanks for the great info.

Mike

Got my 2 Saiga 12's from CDW (awesome service FYI) and took them to the range. Loaded up a Pro mag with 5 rounds of Estate 00 Buck and the gun worked flawlessly right out of the box. Funny thing is the factory extened mag will not fit the gun but the ProMag is perfect. I am sure that will be an easy fix. Second gun same result. Same mag issue. Tried some Slugs (Estate) same result, I had som low brass Diana bird shot and this created a FTE on setting 1, did not try setting 2, I for got my tools and could not move the adjuster by hand. These guns are awsome and I am sure with some tweaking (and help with some sponsor parts, plus a few of my own design) I will have no problem making them 100% reliable and exactly what I wanted. Blew about 50 rounds through each gun and my shoulder got tired. I am conveting one but after shooting them I may leave one as-is only cleaning up the internals and swapping out for the GunFixer plug and maybe a piston. I did tons of reading here before my purchase thanks for the great info.

Mike

They sure are fun.... Converted or not.. there still a blast to shoot..