CSS suggested mag cinches for .308s. based on their recommendation, I ordered 2. When I get them, I'll test them out, post some pics, and let you know. If you go through the pic gallery, a lot of members put shims between the mags and then tape them together. If you don't use a shim, the polymer mags flex enough to mess up smooth feeding. Believe me, I tried it without shims.

• 2 weeks later...

So, just to update... I ordered 2 magcinches like this:

post-18067-1248364009.jpg

If you get them in .308 size, they fit. Note that you actually need 2, but the purchase is for just 1... which I think would be sufficient for a 5 round Saiga mag. I put them on 2 Surefire 10 rd mags. The problem is that the Saiga mags are just barely too big and as such, the cinch straps require some effort to get tight. It's easy to get them snug, but at a certain point, they bind and tightening on one end, loosens their grip on the mag. Unless they're super tight, when you're tightening the screw, one of the mags will pop free. I'm sure that with some continued efforts I can get this to work.

Next time I go to the range, I'll let you know if they stand up to recoil - as tight as I can get them. My instinct is that these will work best on shorter mags. I'll be putting a set on 8 rd mags as well just to see.

But, hey, they're pretty cheap and it didn't hurt to try.

These were recommended to me by Greg at CSS. This link... takes you to a website that sells them. It's too bad CSS doesn't sell them, but thanks to Greg just the same. I'm not aware of any S12 forum partners that sell stuff like this.

Edited by EricinMaryland