New Saiga Owner....please be patient!

First, I am new to forums and I apologize in advance if I didnt find the topics without help!

So, here we go!

I just got my first Saiga 223. It looks great and I can't wait to get it out and shoot it. I brought it home and did a basic disassembly to check it out and be sure it was clean and clear, etc. Very simple to clean, as far as I can tell. However, the manual is painful to read, with disjointed, broken English and unclear instructions.

Can anyone direct me to a basic manual with pictures for cleaning, disassembly, etc?

Secondly, there is a comment in the manual that implies that the gun should not be "dry fired", though they use a different term. If you shouldn't dry fire, how do you test for proper function after disassembly and cleaning? Also, if you have operated the bolt and the gun is ready to fire, is it harmful to leave the gun "charged" ? Is there a method for relieving the tension on the firing mechanism?

Again, forgive me if I sound ignorant, it's just that I am....

I couldn't find the "sticky" posts....help me, please!

Your kind and patient assistance is greatly appreciated!

I hope to be a responsible member of this forum and will keep posting as I gain experience!

Thanks again!

Googling "Kalashnikov manual" will do the trick.

"Do not dry fire" is "lawyer talk". You won't hurt a thing by dry firing it.

Can't find the "stickies"? If you can't see them at the top of every subforum here, there's nothing we can help you with.

thanks for the quick reply. So, I guess the "stickies" are the "important topics"...

I appreciate the guidance.