Hey, I just got a Tapco T6 Intrafuse stock and a Tapco Galil handguard for my Saiga 7.62x39 and I'm planning on installing them tomorrow. Just looking over what I need to do, I've got a few questions...

Since I live in NY, I need to pin the stock (Old AWB is still in place here, so I can't have a telescoping stock with a pistol grip). How do I do this?

Also, I need to "create 3 pilot holes approximately 1/2" deep" using the drill bit. I'm guessing since it's in the stock, since the stock doesn't have holes to put the screws through already. Where do these screws go? Does anyone have pics?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Nevermind about the second question... I figured it out... still need help with the pinning though...

Edited by HollowPoint

I've never handled a T6, but if they have buffer tubes similar to a regular AR buffer tube, pinning is easy.

-Set the stock at whatever length you plan on pinning it.

-Drill through one side of the stock and into the lower "edge" of the tube. (see picture below)

-Go just deep enough that you can drop a roll-pin in, but so it keeps the stock from telescoping or otherwise moving.

-Dab some epoxy in the hole with the roll-pin, and you're good to go.

For the record, NYS doesn't state what they consider "permanent", but this is what most NY'ers do to pin stocks (I do it like this). Just make sure it can't be reversed and you should be fine.

post-5916-1247913351_thumb.jpg

I've never handled a T6, but if they have buffer tubes similar to a regular AR buffer tube, pinning is easy.

-Drill through one side of the stock and into the lower "edge" of the tube. (see picture below)

-Go just deep enough that you can drop a roll-pin in, but so it keeps the stock from telescoping or otherwise moving.

For the record, NYS doesn't state what they consider "permanent", but this is what most NY'ers do to pin stocks (I do it like this). Just make sure it can't be reversed and you should be fine.

Awesome! Thanks man!

Awesome! Thanks man!

No problem, man. Let us know how it goes.

So far I installed the Galil foregrip, and I gotta say, I really like it. I've got big palms and regular sized fingers, and it's perfect for me! I'm planning on installing the T6 on Tuesday when I don't have work. I'll update you once it's done, with pics, hopefully!

So far I installed the Galil foregrip, and I gotta say, I really like it. I've got big palms and regular sized fingers, and it's perfect for me! I'm planning on installing the T6 on Tuesday when I don't have work. I'll update you once it's done, with pics, hopefully!

Looking forward to the pics.

I hear ya on the big mitts thing. I started to hate my regular AK grip. It was too small.

Another member here put some Izhmash factory pistol grips up for sale here, and I snagged one up. It's beefy and fits my hand a lot better.

I hear ya on the big mitts thing. I started to hate my regular AK grip. It was too small.

Another member here put some Izhmash factory pistol grips up for sale here, and I snagged one up. It's beefy and fits my hand a lot better.

that's what I like about the SAW grip, too. It's wide enough for my palm, but not too wide for my fingers.

EDIT: also, do you have pics of a pin job? just wanna make sure I do it right when I pin it tomorrow... no use having extra holes in the stock, right? haha

Edited by HollowPoint

that's what I like about the SAW grip, too. It's wide enough for my palm, but not too wide for my fingers.

EDIT: also, do you have pics of a pin job? just wanna make sure I do it right when I pin it tomorrow... no use having extra holes in the stock, right? haha

You can't really see the hole on any pictures I already have (I've never taken a close up of the pin-hole). Both pin-jobs are on black Magpul MOE stocks. I used black epoxy (some random stuff I found in my basement).

Just go the route I mentioned above, and you'll be fine. Some people drill 2 holes and drop in pins.

All you have to do is make sure it no longer telescopes.