Newb requesting S-12 collapsible stock help

Hey everyone,

Im very new to the Saiga market and I need a little help with a collapsable butt stock on my Saiga 12 Tromix S06. My Tromix conversion has the folding stock and mechanism and I would like to convert it to a collapsible 6 position Command Arms stock with cheek peice.

Parts I would like to use:

1.) A. Command Arms Collapsible Butt Stock B.) Adjustable Cheek Rest

2.) Enidine Shot Shock Hydraulic Tube

3.) Scroll Down to AR "PigNose" Adapter

My issues are:

1.) I'm not sure if the only adapter I need is the ACE AR "PIGNOSE" adapter to retrofit this to my Tromix Saiga? If so can I attach the PigNose to the Tromix folding mechanism and have the best of both worlds or does it need to be mounted directly?

2.) I'm not sure if I can order just the butt stock and attach the Shot Shock Tube and call it a day or if I need the whole tube and butt stock kit, take that apart and swap tubes?

I thought I read somewhere that you need some sort of nut on the Shot Shock tube that isn't included. Can anyone confirm this?

I think thats all the question I have for now. Thanks for reading over my post and lending your knowledge,

Shane

Edited by snatchss454

Yeah, as long as the CAA stock comes with a buffer tube and a castle nut, that and the pignose adaptor is all you need to mount one, otherwise you would need a buffer tube, as most AR stocks are sold to slip on to an existing buffer tube. The pignose adaptor can mount to either the hinge (tony uses Ace hinges) or to his welded backplate, its a matter of preference. As you are looking to use the shock absorbing buffer tube, you dont have to worry about the buffer tube part (which usually mean saved money) you will still need a castle nut, to lock the tube in, so find out if the CAA stock includes one, or just buy one from a place like this: http://weaponparts.storesecured.com/items/...enut-detail.htm (I just clicked on the cheapest saw, I know nothing of that company, nor am i endorsing them)

Edited by ReverendFranz
Yeah, as long as the CAA stock comes with a buffer tube and a castle nut, that and the pignose adaptor is all you need to mount one, otherwise you would need a buffer tube, as most AR stocks are sold to slip on to an existing buffer tube. The pignose adaptor can mount to either the hinge (tony uses Ace hinges) or to his welded backplate, its a matter of preference. As you are looking to use the shock absorbing buffer tube, you dont have to worry about the buffer tube part (which usually mean saved money) you will still need a castle nut, to lock the tube in, so find out if the CAA stock includes one, or just buy one from a place like this: http://weaponparts.storesecured.com/items/...enut-detail.htm (I just clicked on the cheapest saw, I know nothing of that company, nor am i endorsing them)

Thanks Reverend! That cleared up a lot. I think the big issue that I'm still having is that from the Command Arms site I can only select the CAA complete assembly with the butt stock, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, lock nut and latch plate in commercial diameter not MIL-SPEC, but I can select just the butt stock only in MIL-SPEC. Can I source the buffer, buffer spring, lock nut and latch plate elsewhere and use the enidine shot shock buffer tube with it?

Thanks again,

Shane

Edited by snatchss454

yep, and its probably recommended, as you dont need the buffer, or the buffer spring if you are mounting it on a non-ar-15, and will probably save some money if you don't buy things you don't need. (General Rule of Life #273)

The only thing to check is to make sure you get the correct size enidine tube for your stock, as a milspec stock wont fit on a commercial sized buffer tube (or vise verse). According to this thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=25066 the Enidine tube comes in both sizes, so just make sure you buy the correct one, and you should be all set with just those parts.

Stock + enidine tube + castle nut + pignose adaptor + ace hinge + badass saiga.

Be sure to post a review when you get it all done, it sounds like a nice setup, and I've always been partial to collapsable folding stocks.

ETA: oh, you asked about the latch plate too, its a sling attachment point that goes on the tube, in between the castle nut and the receiver, its up to you if you want to use one, they are nice for single point attachments, but i dont know if i would want it there as it will fold with the hinge, and hang differently either closed or open, also it would sorta just hang out there, as with the pignose adaptor, it wont sit flus against anything, and might contact your receiver when closed. I would probably put a sling attachment point on the ace hinge instead, it would be stationary, and about the same position, or just use the sling attachment point on the stock. Im not sure about yours, but most of the ACE hinges are drilled and tapped for a sling mount already, just screw one in.

Edited by ReverendFranz
yep, and its probably recommended, as you dont need the buffer, or the buffer spring if you are mounting it on a non-ar-15, and will probably save some money if you don't buy things you don't need. (General Rule of Life #273)

The only thing to check is to make sure you get the correct size enidine tube for your stock, as a milspec stock wont fit on a commercial sized buffer tube (or vise verse). According to this thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=25066 the Enidine tube comes in both sizes, so just make sure you buy the correct one, and you should be all set with just those parts.

Stock + enidine tube + castle nut + pignose adaptor + ace hinge + badass saiga.

Be sure to post a review when you get it all done, it sounds like a nice setup, and I've always been partial to collapsable folding stocks.

ETA: oh, you asked about the latch plate too, its a sling attachment point that goes on the tube, in between the castle nut and the receiver, its up to you if you want to use one, they are nice for single point attachments, but i dont know if i would want it there as it will fold with the hinge, and hang differently either closed or open, also it would sorta just hang out there, as with the pignose adaptor, it wont sit flus against anything, and might contact your receiver when closed. I would probably put a sling attachment point on the ace hinge instead, it would be stationary, and about the same position, or just use the sling attachment point on the stock. Im not sure about yours, but most of the ACE hinges are drilled and tapped for a sling mount already, just screw one in.

If I remeber correctly, the mil spec tube is a little smaller due to being milled from bar stock rather than from an extrusion. That seems to be what I bought. Mil spec stocks are a little less abundant then commerc

Edited by cscharlie

Thanks for the replies guys. My ACE/TROMIX hinge already has a sling attachment. I think I'm all set, Im just going to buy the CAA stock in mil-spec, enidine in mil-spec, castle nut and pig nose adapter and hit the range. I'm not sure they make the Enidine in commercial though, everywhere I look its only in mil-spec. Ill do some more research and post up what I find.

Thanks again,

Shane

Let the modding begin!!! Ive placed a bunch of orders today and think Ive got everything I need. Here's a list of stuff ordered and where I ordered it from. Ill keep this thread updated with pics once she's complete.

1.) Chaos Quad rail with H&K friendly top mount. I had to get in on the special pricing from chaos and I ordered the top mount from Tac47

2.) EniDine Shot Shock from Nokick.com

3.) Command Arms collapsible stock for Mil-Spec w/ cheek piece ordered from patriotoutfitters.com

4.) Receiver Extension Nut/Castle Nut ordered from BravoCompanyUSA

5.) Ace Pig-Nose Adapter and CAA X6 rail covers ordered from BlackHeartInternational

6.) LaRue FUG

7.) Krebs Custom Inc Forend Grip Adapter

8.) CAA-UPG47 AK-47 / Mak-90 Interchangeable Pistol Grip from Parts4AK47

After this I may take a trip up to Millenium Customs and get a magwell installed and also see if something can be done with this saftey. Fingers are also crossed for a LRBHO.

Thanks again for everyones help!!

Shane

Edited by snatchss454