Questions on a conversion

Ok, so I am new to this site and the Saiga Community. I really want to convert my S12...I think I have it all down but wanted to see if I could get some feedback from the experts who post on here. Here goes...

I have read through the majority of the posts dealing with conversion...my concern is that I am not that handy. I dont want to start somthing that is going to damage my weapon due to my inexperience. I was considering the Saige T6 infusion stock set as it appears this offers the look/feel I am looking for with minimal alterations required. This should also give me 2 US parts. Does anyone have any experience with this part? My concern is that it seems too easy of a fix and it is cheap in comparision to other items...I dont want to buy something that wont work that I am stuck with.

I also want to put on a tri-rail forearm. I am looking at either the Surefire or Tapco. I understand this also counts as 1 US part. Any suggestions?

With those two changes and a US made magazine I should meet the requirements for 922R...if that is not right please let me know.

I have learned a great deal from the posts already here and thank everyone in advance for their time and expertise.

Pubnat,

Don't worry about not being very handy. We had a guy named XBOX360 on here who could not figure out which end was the muzzle and he made it through the conversion (with lots of help). The best part about converting is that you get to build the gun the way YOU want it. If you see a part that you like and it seems to fit the use that you have in mind, then go for it. I would just recommend a full conversion by moving the fire control group forward instead of the pistol grip/stock combined units. But, that is just my personal preference. If you want to go that route instead, then go for it. It is your gun to build your way. Now, get the conversion done and we look forward to the pictures of your new pride and joy.

Edited by GeorgiaPD

Listen to GPD, forget one of those Grip-stocks and restore the gun to it correct configuration. There are plenty of people to help talk you through it here and IF you were not so shy about the state you lived in you would most likely find some local hands on help.

If you are really so mechanically inept, that you can not manage it (doubtful), there are always pros here that can do/finish it for you.

Remember, no guts, no glory. :D

Edited by Azrial

Go for the full conversion!! Believe me, If I can do it, anyone can do it. Watch the conversion video's a few times

then ask questions on this forum. That's how I did it. I never worked on a firearm before. the full conversion makes

the gun so much more of a pleasure to shoot (much,much better trigger) You can do it. I didn't think I could do it

either when I first came to this forum. But the great people on this site told me otherwise. I'm glad I listened, my

gun shoot's and looks great! Just watch the video's and then take your time when doing the work.

Edited by double

First, remember 922r has nothing to do with adding junk to the gun, so get that out of your head right now. In short, 922r means "10-or-fewer foreign parts". There is a thread in my sig, please read that, along with the other threads around the forum.

Second, a buddy of mine did the "bolt on conversion", which isn't really a conversion at all. He fired the gun one time and decided it needed a full conversion. I stripped his gun, moved his FCG forward and installed all the parts, he loves it now.

Further, if you're looking for "...it is cheap in comparision to other items...", don't bother converting at all, don't do anything with your firearm, period. When working with firearms, anytime you "go cheap", you're going to get out exactly what you put in. When I did my conversion, it took me about 6 months to purchase all of the components, I'd save up a bit, buy something, then save up some more, and buy something else.

If you leave the plastic buttstock on it, you can use larger capacity magazines without needing to convert.