Push-button folding Ace stock

Anyone using an Ace stock (or similar) with push-button folding mechanism? I put one on my S-12 and can't figure out how to attach rear sling mount. Not picky about the mount or the sling, I just want to be able to have one. What are you my options? (I've read the results of about 20 different search attempts, and I can't find what I need in the archives here.)

Ace Folding Mechanism pic

Ace Original Stock pic

Regards,

Sapper

Edited by Sapper

I found a picture of a similar stock setup on Azrial's zombie slayer (see below pic) but with a sling attachment installed on the folding mech. Do some folding blocks come with this mount or is this something people have to do themselves? If it is something I have to do, will drilling and tapping the folding mechanism for the sling-mount screw work? I've already considered doing this, but the end of the sling mount screw would end up inside the groove where the stock attaches to the folding mechanism and I fear there may be clearance issues with the stock attachment bolt. I would also like the sling swivel to swivel. Advice?

gallery_5486_341_14062.jpg

Azrial's Boom Stick with a swivel (Thanks Az)

gallery_12679_242_484117.jpg

My Evil Antelope without a swivel

Regards,

Sapper

• 1 month later...

Mt Ace folding mech is exactly like Azrial's with the sling mount,i think they were available with or without,but i bought mine a long time ago.

I just installed an ACE folder on my s-.308. There is a set screw that can be removed, and replace with the sling swivel. The two pictures you provide only differ between being set up as a left folder, or right folder. Remove the set screw and just screw in the swivel (mine is from ACE).

Mt Ace folding mech is exactly like Azrial's with the sling mount,i think they were available with or without,but i bought mine a long time ago.

I just installed an ACE folder on my s-.308. There is a set screw that can be removed, and replace with the sling swivel. The two pictures you provide only differ between being set up as a left folder, or right folder. Remove the set screw and just screw in the swivel (mine is from ACE).

Reno2507,

Thanks for the reply! I'm deployed right now and don't have my S-12 handy (bummer I know) so can you describe or post pics of where exactly the set screw is located? Is it where the sling swivel on Azrial's weapon is located or somewhere else? I seem to remember one on mine, but I thought it was inside the folding mechanism and not accessible once the stock was opened. Any more help you or anyone else can give is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Sapper