correct proceedure to press on gas block?

I bought a 308 Saiga, mostly converted, but still partially dissembled. It is clear that the gas block cannot be tapped back on, and will require a press. I have access to various types at a friends place of work, but I am looking for experienced insight on how to place the receiver in the press, and how to fabricate a fixture to apply pressure from the barrel end.

I was thinking a tube over the barrel to engage the gas block, and then pressing on the tube?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a 308 Saiga, mostly converted, but still partially dissembled. It is clear that the gas block cannot be tapped back on, and will require a press. I have access to various types at a friends place of work, but I am looking for experienced insight on how to place the receiver in the press, and how to fabricate a fixture to apply pressure from the barrel end.

I was thinking a tube over the barrel to engage the gas block, and then pressing on the tube?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mine went back on with some oil, a heat gun, a block of wood, and a medium sized hammer.