Love my Tromix 3-gun machine!

Finally managed to sit down and take some pics of this - about time, since I've had it since late July!

Basically...I love this gun. Not much more needs to be said. Tony did a great job on it. The stock fits great and the Limbsaver really helps on slug stages. The Tromix forend is a vast improvement over the stock one, fits my hands much better (and looks a LOT cooler).

This is basically a S06 package, with a few changes that Tony and I discussed beforehand. Those were the Krebs sights (since I already had those on hand, and that's more the sight picture I'm used to) and the Polychoke (I wanted the ability to change chokes, since I use this in local club 3-gun matches). It might look like the Krebs rear sight and the bolt handle are a little close together - and I initially thought that at first, when I got the gun back - but it works quite well with practice, especially if you work the bolt with your support hand like you're supposed to with this style bolt handle.

The only thing I would have done differently, now that I think about it, would have been to have some sort of BHO installed, since this was built on an early gun that didn't have one. I have the safety lever notched, which worked well with the old style bolt handle but is a bit iffy with the Galil handle. And that's entirely the fault of the shape of the notch I cut in the safety, it just doesn't "engage" the Galil handle properly. I'm looking into options to work on this, whether that be getting a new safety and re-notching it, or installing a factory type BHO lever.

I can't say enough about what a class act Tony and Mel are - putting up with all of my questions and everything. Hopefully, when the wait list re-opens, I might get another - maybe a S17 this time. But we'll see how that goes in 2010 (2011?)...

A few pictures, together with my MD Arms drum and an AGP mag:

IMG_2448_sm.jpg

IMG_2454_sm.jpg

Edited by Grendel