Bolt hanging up after Saiga Conversion...HELP!

Did conversion this weekend. Went well...but....

Bolt seems to hang up if I pull back charging handle and ease it forward (like when I want to catch it on BHO)...is it hanging on hammer? Does hammer need to be beveled like on original? If I charge it and release it, it slams home and strips round just fine...only hangs when I ease it forward...

Thanks!

<a href=th_034.jpg' alt='th_034.jpg'>

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...SOMEONE POINT ME TO A LINK ON ADDING PHOTOS!!!! I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO DO IT! STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS...PLEASE!!!!!1

Edited by sherm2954

Quite.

Kalashnikovs are not meant to be babied. Pull the charging handle all the way to the rear, and let it loose.

This is a common issue (happens every time a new FCG is used), the new fire control group will need to be broken in. You can do this by running a few hundred rounds through it.

BUT, it doesn't manifest unless you baby it. . .

Quite.

Kalashnikovs are not meant to be babied. Pull the charging handle all the way to the rear, and let it loose.

This is a common issue (happens every time a new FCG is used), the new fire control group will need to be broken in. You can do this by running a few hundred rounds through it.

BUT, it doesn't manifest unless you baby it. . .

thanks...very reassuring answer! I'm extremely happy with the conversion...piece of cake, and I'm no gunsmith! Where do I post info on conversions to try to tell people who haven't taken the plunge that they have nothing to worry about???? thanks again for the info!