Got a model 11 20ga at a gun show week ago.Nice,light little gun good wood.Made sept 1930.Paid $375 for it.Problem,how do you ajust the gas on this for light or hevy loads.Got the bronze ring fist,then the spring,then the steel ring near reciver Where'am I at,light or hevy?

post-22158-12620865686028_thumb.jpg

post-22158-12620866118827_thumb.jpg

Got a model 11 20ga at a gun show week ago.Nice,light little gun good wood.Made sept 1930.Paid $375 for it.Problem,how do you ajust the gas on this for light or hevy loads.Got the bronze ring fist,then the spring,then the steel ring near reciver Where'am I at,light or hevy?

this is where it is now.bronze ring,then spring and steel ring near recever.

post-22158-12620876579411_thumb.jpg

post-22158-12620876950045_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Got a model 11 20ga at a gun show week ago.Nice,light little gun good wood.Made sept 1930.
Could've been Bonnie's :sadam: In those days when lead flew like swans to capistramo, Model 11 was the shotgun of choice for most since they knew what they were doing. But there are documented misfires reslulting in death (fom poor holds, dirty gun, but whatever the problem not likely due to a mild birdshot load). 15"-20" barrels seem to impede reliability. None the less many gunfighters of the depression on both sides of the law, got trial by fire, routinely, Model 11 was that elite shotty; 1911A1 GM .38 Super the sidearm (even with headspaceing in the rim accuracy issues), 1908 .380 to fall back on, Winchester 07 .351 preceding maybe a dozen types of later fighting long gun, we'll call it the original urban carbine though. 1918 BAR/Monitor R75 and a Dunrite brand steel plate vest if you could find and afford. Weapons near unanimously favored, particularly by those used to coming out on top. These rocked the Depression more than the TSMG in fact. The above are a few staples in a outlaw or sheriff's battery, the ones who were good at winning shootouts just had to have these and at hand 24/7

You seen that SBS on gunbroker? Remington Model 11 bbl/mag tube cut back to 9" so 3+1. I think if I could get a SBS/SBR up here, 999. and fees would be hard to pass up. Just as cool as a Tromix S-17

Its a good gun very light for a all steel,wood gun.Ive shot this and it kicks a little bit more than most 20s Ive had more recoil than most.Its got the same set up as my model 81,the whole barel comes strait back in to the reciver then back forword.Jhon got this one right,made over 4 mill of them in a 50 year span.Thir all over the world.

Its got the same set up as my model 81

Love those too. .35s still get play to this day in these parts come October in the brush. Like the ballistics on the .25 Rem, that's one you have to track down the reload components for. Apparently the .30 Rem was the parent case of the 6.8 SPC, pretty interesting. Hell the way Saigas come they kinda resemble oversized M-8s/81s.

What cal is your's?

I had a Winchester 1910 .401 made in 1910 had to sell this summer. Unbelieveable to look at the craftsmanship from those days on old rifles.

I paid $650 cash for that 81.The boy didnt want something you cant slap a scope on without a gunsmith since the mounts are hard to find and cost a arm and a legg for a factory mount and the right scope to fit the old rings.I asked a smith about mounting a short wever rail to put a small fixed 4 power on the reciver since the shells come out the top and a long scope wont work.The cost to mill the rail out and drill and tap was $200,I said about a ak-svd rail on the side that was $60 and doable so Iam thinking of doing that.That might look kind of cool with a posp and will set of to the side so will be able to load and eject ha!!!!

seriously look into checking out the Millett DMS 1-4x with illum. red donut/dot. For 240. I'll never want another optic unless I get into real long range shooting. Solves a lot of problems, complications and shortcomings of other optics in these magnification ranges. Truly would be a perfect match to a .35 Auto of all scopes. I thought you could get B-Square mounts for them, probably almost half the 8's I've seen had some type of bracket mounted (attached in a unsophisticated way) to the left side reciever reminicent of a Kalashnikov. AK side rails are huge but I think you have a good idea to go that route

Holy man, price has gone up on those bad boys. Sure would be nice to turn up one of those aftermarket hi cap .35 mags (have heard capacity 15-20 rd.) from way back when. I know .35 is still loaded as much as anything else, can you get premium hunting rounds for them, or is it just soft point and low tech HP?. Interesting to know if Remmy puts out Core Lokt or whatever for them. Bet a Silvertip would shroom out wide as a quarter.

the 150-200 gr sp is the most loaded in that round, hornady makes a flex tip for lever guns havent tried that one yet.the old scope mounts were side mounts so you can load and the spent case cleared the scope.the svd mount will work thirs nothing in the way on the recever as long as its put on level it will work with hight and eye space.the gunsmith was impressed when I said about this, Ill destroy some value butt it might make it worth someone down the road to have a scope on the gun.I dont plan to sell this one so as I get older and cant see the iron sights no more a scope is a good idea.