lower handguard retainer alternatives

Is there any place to get a lower handguard retainer for the Saiga 7.62x39 other than Dinzag? Everything I've gotten from him has worked well, aside from the handguard retainer. (It wants to separate from the handguard at the bottom). I'm looking to replace it.

Thanks.

I don't know about another source but I am certain you will get a ton of positive responses regarding how his guard fits. Mine is perfect and shows no signs of what you describe. Have you discussed this with him? If not, I would suggest doing so.

Edited by oliverb

I don't know about another source but I am certain you will get a ton of positive responses regarding how his guard fits. Mine is perfect and shows no signs of what you describe. Have you discussed this with him?

No, and I don't mean to suggest he puts out a crappy product. It may be that I just got a bad one, or am doing something wrong. I'll send him and email, but I'd still like to hear about alternatives.

Thanks.

You didn't say which handguard you're using, but my K-var lower handguard had a gap at the bottom. The metal that protrudes out of the end of the handguard was too long and was keeping the retainer from sitting flush. A few minutes of grinding and trial fitting took care of the gap as mine now butts up flush with the end of the handguard.

Not helping, just adding more questions to the OP's original. I'm watching for more alternatives also, and do wonder if the HG retainer grooves on the (apparently) military barrel mean anything for what HG's work, and how retained. I currently have the original Saiga HG, heavily vented. I do like it, just looking to learn more.

sailor