Length of pull

Pardon some newbie questions.

I am going to replace the factory stock with an Ace folder. I asked CSS why they only carry the 8.5" one and they said they had too many returns of the 7.5" one as being too short, so they discontinued it. (They also do not carry the 9.5" one)

Now, my factory LOP is approx. 13.5" and seems OK, if not a tad too long. When I move the TG forward and figure on a folding mechanism, a 7.5" Ace skeleton stock and a 1" thick pad, I come up with a LOP of approx. 13" which should be perfect for me.

Thing is, in all the posted pictures of S12's, I only see one with what looks like the 7.5" stock. Are my arms shorter than the rest of the world?

I can buy the 7.5 directly from Ace, but I'm worried I'm figuring something wrong. Should I just trust my calc's.?

Any tips?

I would say go with your calculations. My gun was set up similar to what you want, internal stock adapter, ace folder, 8.5" DPH stock, and 1" recoil pad and it was too long. I ended up taking off the folding adapter and now it is almost perfect. I can shoot it with and without body armor comfortably without having to stretch out an insane amount. My other rifles are set up with a 13" pull, so we are probably pretty close to size and weight. It's all in what you want. If whatever you buy doesnt fit correctly, you could always sell the stock on here and get the other size.

• Like 1

Just to be sure, I measured and recalculated more slowly and carefully, down to quarter inches. Lo and behold, I came up with the same results. I'm going with the 7.5" stock. Thanks for taking the time to give me some input.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

-Ronald Reagan (1986)