6 Round Mag Fixed

Hi MLM59

I think you should remain with 5 rounds within the mag at this time. Just to much time playing around with trying to get the mag reliable.

1 To make the extra round fit, just decrease the size of the follower & the 2 spikes at the bottom, on floor plate.

2 I had to cut the spring by three too.

If you have penty of time to play with the mag that's ok. Just do one mag & see if you can make it reliable.

thanks

Stu

Thanks Stu, sounds like good advice, at least until I can get more mags. I only have the one mag right now. I just bought my saiga a couple of weeks ago & it only had one 5rd mag. I have worked on glock mags (I shoot pistol competitions regularly--not very well but often) & have worked on followers but those are easily replaced & cheap. Not sure I want to mess up my only mag at present. Thanks for the pics, one of these days, right? Hopefully the mags will become affordable again soon.

MLM59

Hi MLM59

If I had the time over again, I would not modified any of the 5 round mags.

7 round mag is all that I'm looking for.

I went out yesterday to the range. With 5 rounds in the mag the saiga would cycle every time.

Conclusion,

With 6 rounds within the mag the saiga will not cycle. There is not enough room within the mag to be reliable.

If there was in the future an extension of the floor plate. Like the glock ( plus 1 or 2 ) this would be the right way to go.

Because I have cut the srings to fit 6 rounds, I will be searching to replace the springs to try & revert back to standard springs.

My mags are 100 % reliable with 5 rounds within this mag, but it's concerning to me that it's not standard.

Stu

Edited by Stuart2