saiga 12 problem

i recently took my saiga 12 converted by red jacket....beautiful shotgun.....to the range. I had never been fired before. I put the md 20 on it and started to fire... I was having problems at first with it not throwing the spent casings. they were getting stuck. I would just clear it and fire next round.. this continued then maybe the last 5 rounds went good. I had the standard plug set to 1.. I screwed it all the way in then i opened it to the 1 setting. I was firing winchester mil spec 00 buck. Is this a break in issue.. gas setting.. any help would be appreciated. thanks

i recently took my saiga 12 converted by red jacket....beautiful shotgun.....to the range. I had never been fired before. I put the md 20 on it and started to fire... I was having problems at first with it not throwing the spent casings. they were getting stuck. I would just clear it and fire next round.. this continued then maybe the last 5 rounds went good. I had the standard plug set to 1.. I screwed it all the way in then i opened it to the 1 setting. I was firing winchester mil spec 00 buck. Is this a break in issue.. gas setting.. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Leave a small gap , say a 1/16th of an inch , between the rim of the gasplug and the gasblock . If you want to give me a call at the shop tomorrow , I'll be happy to walk you through using the gun . Will