My twiast on a Converted 308

OK, here is my take on a converted 308. I am not sure how I like the wood stock and lower HG I did, I have some other wood I might try something a little different, i.e. color..

Any suggestions? I already have several guns in the red color, so I was shooting for something a little different...

post-4681-12695638836767_thumb.jpg

I'd like to think I got Hella skills on wood working, but no, they were surplus stuff I got and refinished them. I've got some other stocks and HG sets out in my shop, I'll have to see what I can come up with. It was hard finding the right wood in the right condition to make them match as close as possible.

Gunny,

Thanks for the approval. Something to think about. Once I figure out which stock set I am going to go with I have another set I did of the same style as the one above. If you are interested I'd sell it to you for a reasonable fee. Don't worry I am not in this make money so I am not going to come back at you with some crazy amount. Think about it. Here are some PICs of the set I'd sell.. oh, the stock has the hardware attached and has been blasted and duracoated in matt black. The lower handguard has been inlet so it will fit on a 308. Not sure if it matters or not but I have an older 308 which I believe the barrel OD is larger than the new ones... PM if you interested or have questions.

post-4681-12696213856985_thumb.jpg

post-4681-1269621403074_thumb.jpg

post-4681-12696214517045_thumb.jpg