Stock/PG Choices and Surefire handguard

So I bought a Saiga with the intention of not converting it...well, that sounded good for about 2 range trips. So I'm looking at K-var Stock/PG vs Tapco Fixed stock/PG. The K-var is about 30% more and I'd have to order my conversion parts from multiple places (more shipping). I'm setting up two different Saigas (.308 and a 7.62) so I'm hoping to get them as similar as possible so I'll be buy two of everything (when possible). Are these two stock equal quality or is it worth the extra for the K-var? Also, does the surefire handguard work well with both models?

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a Saiga with the intention of not converting it...well, that sounded good for about 2 range trips. So I'm looking at K-var Stock/PG vs Tapco Fixed stock/PG. The K-var is about 30% more and I'd have to order my conversion parts from multiple places (more shipping). I'm setting up two different Saigas (.308 and a 7.62) so I'm hoping to get them as similar as possible so I'll be buy two of everything (when possible). Are these two stock equal quality or is it worth the extra for the K-var? Also, does the surefire handguard work well with both models?

I've read that the k-var stock has a better (more secure) mount for a sling and is more accurate to the look of an AK stock. It also has the trap door for the cleaning kit and a metal butt plate (not sure if Tapco has that). I went with the k-var for mine and have no regrets. I can't speak for the Tapco stock since I've never tried one. People tend to say they aren't built as well.

I do have the Tapco SAW pistol grip and probably will be swapping that out for the Hogue version. There's nothing wrong with the Tapco PG but I would have originally went with the Hogue if I knew they made one at the time I was ordering.

I believe the Surefire handguards will fit both rifles the same.

Edited by Angelo