The weather here in Idaho Falls,Idaho is not what most think of in April.

It is still snowing and we have about 3" of big wet flakes.

This is driving away my shooting weekends and killed my spring break.

But it got me thinking...

What was the worst weather YOU have ever experienced?

Hurricane Juan in the gulf of Mexico back in the 80s. We rode it out 110 miles offshore on a vessel less than 200 feet long. It was scarier than shit and I never want to go through that again.

I love Idaho, I lived there from '83-'85 in Meridian-just outside Boise. I remember this mountain I could see from my front yard would be snow capped 8 months out of the year. Weirdest weather was back in '97 or '98 hear in Pa. I was at work, it was 78 degrees at 3 pm. At 5:00 break time it was 60, at 8:00 lunch it was 40. By midnight the temperature had dropped 43 degrees in less than 8 hours! The blizzard of '93 was a thunder snow-that was cool.

I went surfing on the Outer Banks on the tail end of Hurricane Hugo. I went out myself and crazy enough there was already one other guy out there. It took almost a half hour of constant paddling to get out past the breakers.

That wasn't last summer was it? I was there and that would have been suicide! The hurricane never made land fall, but the waves were HUGE! The mist was all the way up to the 3rd floor at our vacation rental house about a half mile from the beach. The water came all the way up to the dunes. It was freakin' awesome looking! It sounded like bombs dropping.

I've been through some mild hurricane force winds but the worst was tropical storm Allison.We lived about 1/4 mile from a bayou and the water was up to the door sills on our cars be fore we realized that it was flooding. So we got the cars out of there and to high ground (it was packed at that gas station), my car was fwd and the rear end floated a little when I came to a stop a few times. By the time we got back, no more than 30 minutes later, water has risen about 3 ft. and was on the verge of coming over the door jams. We put our bird, electronics and pictures as high as we could, grabbed what we thought was important/needed and got out. The water was about 1 1/2 feet high in our house, waist deep in the yard and chest deep in the street by the time we left. Us and our neighbors stayed at my friend's parent's house, which was miserable because his father was being a jerk. Long story short, our floors buckled and mold set in, despite us cutting 2ft slots out of the walls and renting dryers. The government bought both houses and we built a new house with the money.

Hugo was in 1989.

Worst weather I've ever been in has to have been pre-tornado storm clusters. In 1978, we were on vacation driving through upstate NY and out of nowhere hit a storm system with egg-sized hail and 80 mph wind gusts - my dad made me & my sister get under a blanket because he was worried that the windshield would shatter.

I experienced a similar storm in 2001 or 2002 living in St. Louis, a couple miles from Lambert Field. A few houses in our neighborhood had their roofs severely damaged by the hail and winds: the wind peeled off the asphalt, and the hail battered the exposed plywood. We had a two or three holes punched through our siding, nothing major.

I never got to be a fan of Missouri winters, either. Something about having the snot in your nose freeze that I just couldn't accept... But that's just suckage, not pucker-inducing weather.