Just ordered a Saiga 7.62 from Centerfire Systems. What to look for?

I've been bouncing around all the forums and thread looking for what I should look for before firing this bad boy or converting it.

Is it going to have threads on the end of the barrel for a brake?

Thanks guys.

I would guess asking the people selling it to you that question would get a good answer.

I've been bouncing around all the forums and thread looking for what I should look for before firing this bad boy or converting it.

Is it going to have threads on the end of the barrel for a brake?

Thanks guys.

I would guess asking the people selling it to you that question would get a good answer.

Ok..................

Regarding the threaded barrel, I asked the woman on the phone at centerfire and she said she had no idea and didn't seem interested in finding out for me.

I also wanted to know if there's any issues that these rifles typically have. I figured that it would be better to get an objective opinion from you guys on this rather than the firm selling me the rifle.

Thanks for the warm welcome on my first post, though!

Edited by cobravenom39

It is less likely that you will have the "typical" issues with a Saiga that you see referenced in posts about new and kit-built guns from other sources. The fit-n-finish will, in general, be of higher quality that most others unless compared with the special Saiga Legion-built/Arsenal refit guns. My first new Romanian Draco was a "Vodka Special" with buggered rivets, canted rear sight block, binding bolt carrier and lots of slop in the action as the bolt carrier slid over the rails. The replacement was night & day better. Apparently, that's what you see with many of the other builds. Some have reported canted front sight blocks on Saigas. Mine wasn't. The bolt carrier action is much smoother on my Saiga 7.62 than on the replacement Draco 7.62. Centerfire is pretty good to deal with. I bought my last two guns from them. If you have a problem, they will work with you.

i ordered through centerfire and it was an "ok" experience..i never got a confirmation to my email that the rifle was shipped..but it arrived promptly...they wont ship your item until your credit card clears..fyi.

mine was threaded and dimpled :)

i did not receive confirmation emails on a number of magazines i ordered. also they will ship when your cc cleared. i called to inquire and they said i must have put in the wrong email and they would send the info again. however, they did not ask me for my correct email before hanging up. 2 mins later i had the email from them. hmmm.... wrong email really?

products arrived in great condition so i have no complaints just rather odd.

i did not receive confirmation emails on a number of magazines i ordered. also they will ship when your cc cleared. i called to inquire and they said i must have put in the wrong email and they would send the info again. however, they did not ask me for my correct email before hanging up. 2 mins later i had the email from them. hmmm.... wrong email really?

products arrived in great condition so i have no complaints just rather odd.

Just be happy you got what you ordered in good condition, your dealing with unseen people who just take orders. :cryss: