Puck, Gas Tube, and Ports

Thanks to all for the forum. Great read and it sparked my interest to buy my first S-12. I am looking forward to doing the conversion. I purchased my first unit on Friday. This weekend I was cleaning and going through it. I inspected the gas ports. I only found two. There may be a third under the gas block, but I could not see any evidence of it looking down the barrel. Also, I removed the infamous puck.

This being my first Saiga, I was surprised to see the view down the tube. Being a newbie, I must ask if this view is typical. It does not seem to be consistent with the way I imagined the unit would work. ie gas to puck, and puck to bolt carrier.

Questions:

Are having only two ports worth calling about warranty?

Is the picture consistent with the design and operation of the tube?

Thanks to all. post-24271-12722284707869_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spence

if you have two ports, your gun falls under warranty- verify with a bent paperclip that there isnt another one that you cant see well.

the gas system in your picture looks like a saiga shotgun to me....thats what it looks like.

take your gun out with some federal 1 1/8oz loads and some buckshot and slugs and give it a whirl before you call or email us for warranty, to verify that you have a gas issue.