bullet guide install

Ok. Just finished the bullet guide install and that was a piece of cake! The hard part was filing down the mag catch, that took a while. I got it filed down to where a steel AK mag and a factory Saiga mag fit, although the catch did not seat completely with the AK mag (It is secure, I tried to bump it out of place and it held fast)I took the firing pin out of the bolt and fed 5 rounds using both mags and they fed fine, does this mean there is no more adjustments to make? I thought that you had to file down the Saiga factory mags for them to feed reliably.

All rifles and all mags. don't seem to be exactly the same. Most conversions with a Bullet Guide, require the stock Saiga mags. to have a bit of material removed at the front end (bullet end), in order to seat properly. There is too much material right where the mag. meets the bullet guide. If yours works without altering, you are in good shape. There are many photos and videos on this site that show this, as it is a common question. Prowl around and look at all the useful info that is posted.

I bought some Chinese steel mags from Cope's. They were cheap - and really well made too. Fit like champ with a little grinding on the catch - and the Saiga mag fits perfectly too - no grinding needed on the Sagia mag. As long as the catch grabs good on the magazine and releases without hanging up - all is good.