Gunfixers Plug engagement

I have an late 09 S12 that I have just bought and have a Gunfixers plug in it. I didn't notice any difference with it

and actually it didnt seem to flow gas as well as the stock plug. Only high brass would work reliably. i researched

the forum threads and decided to compare and measure the gf plug with in comparision to the stock plug. I discovered several things.

The gf plug is longer and seats deeper than the stock plug. I could see from the powder markings on the side of the gf

plug that only one gas jet was actually entering the cutout on setting 3 and on setting 1 and 2 all three of the jets was

hitting the wall of the plug and not directed into the cutouts of the plug. Also they were not centered, being

slightly to the left(standing it on the knob with the cutouts on top) and yes I was making sure that the button was

always in the indent of the plug. I tried turning out the plug an extra rotation but it was too loose and would not

engage the button. It was obvious to me that using it this way was only giving me partial gas flow even in the

position 3 setting.I verified that all three jet holes were exposed and fairly centered in the tube cutout.I can

actually see the round hole and the three jets marking the side of the gf plug where the residue is hitting it.

On setting 1 and 2 all three jets are hitting the side of the gf plug and not entering the cutout for the gas flow.

I decided to correct this myself and using a dremil tool increased the depth of all three cutouts. Setting 3

now has all three jets entering the cutout. I also enlarged the cutout slightly to the left as looking at it

to better center the jets in relation to the cutouts. on setting 2 I increased the cutout to appx inbetween the

top jet and the 2 bottom jets. On setting one I lowered the cutout to engage the first hole only. now all three cutouts

are centered over the jets and properly engaging the right amount of jets for each setting. It will now feed some

of the lower brass ammo that it wouldn't before with the gf plug. Obviously I wouldn't be the only one with this

Issue with the gf plug. Anyone with the gunfixers plug, next time you shoot it, clean it real good before you shoot

it. Shoot a few dozen rounds, enought to gas mark the gf plug and remove it. If you are like me get your reading

glasses and look under the cutouts and you will be able to see a round circle and even the three jet markings

and note their location. On mine only one jet was entering the cutout on setting 3 and none on the others. I was

wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

You will find with the Saiga's that not everything is uniform. It sounds like your gas ports are not centered and you have corrected the flow with the Gunfixer plug. Some gas ports are partially covered or blocked completely.