Just starting to modify my S12 and was wondering where I can get the best deal on a rail in terms of quality and cost? I plan on placing a vertical grip on it next. Any opinion on those as well?

Thanks!

Chaos has a pretty awesome rail deal- especially when Cameron throws a sale. To my knowledge, I believe it's the lightest metal rail on the market. The big problem used to be that you had to knock off your sights to install the top-rail, but Chaos just put out a bunch of sights that fix on said top-rail. They look like great quality, but it could get a little expensive if you're on budget.

Cheapest is the SGM, which is pretty decent.

The UTG and CSS Quad rails are pretty cool since it allows you to view your factory sights with the top rail installed. They are heavier than the Chaos though. If you go tri rail and you're really concerned about weight, go SGM. If you want a little more quality and rigidity, the chaos rocks it. When you get into quads, the price simply goes up.

These were the ones I checked out, but there are plenty more. As for vertical grips, I'm a fan; just as a suggestion though, go with one of the smaller length ones.