Will post pictures tonight.

I've got a Czech VZ-52 rifle chambered in 7.62x45, which I don't have time to mess with; I bought it as kind of a project gun to work on, but now I have an M1 which I'm much more interested in messing with. There is 7.62x39 conversion, but I can't find any info on it.

The good:

5 Parkerized Magazines, purchased later.

1 Original Mag with some surface rust

Bayonet is in great shape and functions perfectly, I actually replaced the original bayonet which was in bad shape at best.

Barrel is threaded and still has original thread cover, no clue what the thread pitch is.

Front sight has the shroud on it, part is NOS, so it is in oddly better condition than the rest of the gun.

Wood is in good shape, probably just needs to be lightly sanded and oiled; this is not one of the guns which was painted black.

There is a scope mount on the side of the weapon, which shows the same amount of wear as the rest of the gun.

The bad:

The dust cover has considerable surface rust, I had planned on bead blasting and parkerizing it.

The receiver has minor pitting and minor surface rust, again planned on bead blasting.

There is a scope mount, the stock is modified slightly to accommodate the mount.

It is chambered 7.62x45, if you're looking to complete your 7.62 collection, you'll need one of these.

It is possibly the ugliest rifle ever made.

I'm looking for $500 shipped CONUS or $475 Face-to-Face (my zip is 20110). Gun is C&R eligible.

Per trades, I'm looking for a standard size 1911 for a buddy of mine, not Rock Island, trade + cash (either way) is of course an option. I don't have anything else I can think of for trading, I'm not looking for any accessories or conversion parts, right now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

<<<<<<<

Pics, Pics, Pics !!!! PLEASE????

Boat load of questions.

Year, maker, butt plate, hand guard cond., Cracks? Bore?

Scope mount???? Never heard of such.

Edited by akastormi

Yes sir, I'll post an update tonight, I'm at work now. Actually, one of the reasons I bought it was because of the scope mount, I'd never seen one, either.

Since you're interested, I'll strip it down and get some good pics of it.

I didn't say it in the post, but the price is definitely negotiable :)

Where does one find 7.62x45 ammo? I've never seen it before in the US.

It is rare, but you can get it... kind of thing you buy a hundred rounds and reload them, if you can find a die set :)

7.62x45 Czech - 15rd @ $20

http://www.buymilsurp.com/762x45-czech-15rd-no-strippers-p-41584.html

7.62x45 Czech. Ammo 123gr SP Sptz Boxer Primed 0 20 @ $47

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,5326,1,0,0.html

Edited by vbrtrmn

<--- Been there since I joined this board. ;)

Been waiting somewhat patiently tonight. :)

I remember seeing your icon before, just kind of forgot about it, till you responded. Sorry making you wait, I actually just got home about an hour ago; had to move some junk and blah blah blah.

Here's the link, I took a bunch of shots: http://jobson.us/vz-52/

The thumbnails are very small around 20-40k, the full size images are huge, around 2-3MB, I wanted to leave them that large, so you could see the detail.

The stamp on the side shows, it is in one of the pics, but a bit hard to make out.

AYM

029 (cross swords) 56

Let me know if you want any other pics.

The safety is gone, I think I may have it in a baggie some place. I removed it, because it didn't work quite right, then never got to putting it back.

The bayonet is a bit discolored, there is some very minor pitting and the rest seems to be some kind of dirt, I can scrape it off with my nail, might be rust or corrosion, beats me.

The rear cover is more pitted that I remembered, there is a good detail shot the 9th image down.

The additional magazines feel like they are parkerized, but look painted, they may just be black primer. In the pic there is a red area on the middle one, this is just an artifact of the shot, there isn't any red on it that I can see.

I took a good shot of the scope mount, it doesn't look as old as the rest of the rifle, but it appears to have been on there for a long time.

--Paul

Love learning something new. Scope mounts! All I found so far are rear mounted for NSP's. I believe that mount was there, but for what? The rifles eject to the left. That was a splater painted gun from Century that got stripped. Gotta do a little homework first, but that rifle is a good example and would clean up nice. Any cracks in the stock? Forend, Mag well, Wrist?

Love learning something new. Scope mounts! All I found so far are rear mounted for NSP's. I believe that mount was there, but for what? The rifles eject to the left. That was a splater painted gun from Century that got stripped. Gotta do a little homework first, but that rifle is a good example and would clean up nice. Any cracks in the stock? Forend, Mag well, Wrist?

Cool! There are no visible cracks nor arsenal repairs.

They are kool guns. Recently picked one up that included 200 rounds of ammo.

I'd love to keep it, but honestly, I'm not going to be getting to the project for a few years. I'll probably wind up using the cash toward my Korean import M1, which is in 75-80% condition.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.