Help with forearm/handguard

So I got the sgmt tri-rail on my saiga and I'm not super jazzed about it. I really don't use the rails, so it feels a bit out of place. So I have been looking to get a different one and it seems like there aren't too many options. The ones that I like seem to be only for the saiga 12. In particular the Leapers tactical forearm or even just the stock saiga 12 forearm. Are these able to be put on the saiga 223 or no go? Any other suggestions? Just so you know what I'm thinking, I really don't like the look of the TAPCO tri-rail, the golani looking one, and the quad rail is just overkill. Seems like there aren't many other options than those three. I would GREATLY appreciate any help. Thanks.

UTG makes a Saiga Specific one.. its a quad and runs about $85 at CheaperThanDirt.. Model AKS-105..

You could go WOOD <<<<<<<<<< and just buy the gas tube and modified lower retainer from CSS..

Apex sells a wood set for $25.. Just buy and refinish with MInwax for $6 at HDepot..

Hope this helps abit.. These will all BOLT-ON your 223/5.45/7.62x39 Saiga.

Albert

While not the biggest fan of TAPCO furniture, I have to plug the Saiga Intrafuse. Looks good, nice and simple. Replaces the stock HG very nicely if your not looking for traditional upper and lower HGs and don't need full length rails (you can leave the rails off too). I've got one on my 223 Saiga and also on a 308 VEPR.

YWHIC's avatar above has a pic of one.

Edited by avatar

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'm not really high on going wood furniture unless I go completely AK. I thought about using the intrafuse handguard from tapco but I would put the rails on and it seemed like there would just be holes in the hand guard then.

As for the UTG, the one I was looking at was the leapers tactical forearm and I think it is made for shotguns. Really all the forearms I like are for saiga 12. So no way to make handguards for the saiga 12 work for the saiga 223?

Anybody else have any other suggestions?