Safety Problem solution question

Did most of a conversion yesterday on a Saiga 308. Realized I bought the standard Tapco G2 and not the Dinzag modified one. Has anyone tried just reusing the factor disconnector with the standard G2? It looks like the bump out on the disconnector would prevent the need for the modified G2 or the welded safety mod. For compliance, I'd still have U.S.>trigger, hammer, stock, pistol grip, and mags (x3) so I'm well under unless I use the factory mag. Any thoughts or failed attempts I should know about?

LTTP

Did mine Saturday with G2.. As far as I know yes the factory disconnect will work with the new G2. Getting it out of the original is another matter...

Also get a 6mm washer from home depot $0.49/4pk for the right side (bolt handle side) and install on the axis 'tube' that comes with the G2.. This will prevent side motion of the smaller width of the G2 trigger set.. (I did post with pic last night on this). This is what comes with the dinzag set as well.

Also check to see if your safety works good or you can end up with an AD when taking off the safety.. Some people have had to ADD a bit of material to the RIGHT side of the Safety lever so it contacts the rear leg of the new trigger..

Did you remove the hump from the Hammer so it clears the BAR and did you do the BHO mod as well??

Gotta at least do the HUMP off the hammer or it won't work.. Compare the factory hammer to the new one and you'll see it.

Albert