SGM Quad Rail Questions

Looking at this SGM QUAD for potential for Janis (Saiga 308 21") re-dress.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-431/SAIGA-RIFLE-QUAD-SGM/Detail

Anyone here have the Tri or Quad Versions..??

Anyone drill into the bottom to mount a sling 'stud' vs. adding a 'rail' type mounting sling stud??

Anyone with Quad Rail version can you post a pic..??

I am NOT worried or want co-witness at all.. though if it does do it then great.. woo-hoo..

Thanks,

Al

• 1 month later...

I've got a few of the tri rails on some of my Saigas.I did drill and tap into one of them to mount the original sling mount off of the factory handguard and it worked fine.

Was able to torque down the screw good and tight and it held.

Whatever that plastic is its some strong stuff.It may have been one of my rifles and tapped through the steel insert inside.

• Like 1

I do have both the SGM Quad rail and the SGM butt stock and pistol grip that do not require trigger moving and I love both, however I have learned to hate the factory trigger and last time I talked to the SGM manufacturer they told me they are coming out with a new piece for converted guns to attach their butt stock to with a pistol grip and trigger move. I am jumping on that, even though I am shooting tight groups with the factory trigger I just hate the heavy pull and think I would shoot way better with a better one in place.

SGM is also going to do the conversion for me as well put on a flash hider for me and some other stuff so I am more then happy with their services.

I do have both the SGM Quad rail and the SGM butt stock and pistol grip that do not require trigger moving and I love both, however I have learned to hate the factory trigger and last time I talked to the SGM manufacturer they told me they are coming out with a new piece for converted guns to attach their butt stock to with a pistol grip and trigger move. I am jumping on that, even though I am shooting tight groups with the factory trigger I just hate the heavy pull and think I would shoot way better with a better one in place.

SGM is also going to do the conversion for me as well put on a flash hider for me and some other stuff so I am more then happy with their services.

lol he didnt just say i need a beer lol said a cold beer at that haha probably give him money just for being so honest ! but anyway ya i didnt evan know sgm made a stock for my rifle oh well, the main question is do you live by the sgm store or how about do you get them to convert the gun would love that

Here is a picture of mine just to give a look at the rail and stock, I am still waiting on doing the full conversion but it is coming soon. post-26718-043979700 1285529248_thumb.jpg

ok ive seen that stock not a big fan of it , like my tapco t6 less bulky looking bet the sgm is more sturdy though