20 round or 30 round surefire mag?

So I recently moved out of Cali to Washington state and so now I can finally have magazines that allow more than 10 rounds in my saiga(not to mention I don't need a mag lock anymore...) , so I was going to get either a 20 round or a 30 round surefire mag. On one site they are selling for pretty much the same price but I thought I remember folks saying the 30 rounders had a lot side-to-side wobble, even with dimpled saigas. But I couldn't find where I read that. Any experience? I was leaning towards 20 rounders but if the 30's are good to go, maybe just get those seeing as they are the same price about. Thanks again.

Edited by JT1911

30's are just fine. A bit of side to side isn't really a big issue. Mine had a bit of side to side but always worked 100%.

However if you plan on doing mostly bench rest shooting 20's/25's will be less in the way. (Shorter mags won't hit the table.)

Congrats on getting to a gun friendly state.

Thanks for the responses.

As far as the bullet guide, maybe I'm just lazy or intimidated but I just steered clear. So I just thought surefire was the easiest since I only buy like 2 mags. So for the surefire mags, do the 20 round mags not have the side to side? Did anyone notice the 30 rounders not having good spring tension? It's just weird that I've found two sites now that sell the 20 rounders and the 30 rounders for the exact same price. Makes we wonder about the 30 rounders. . .

As far as the bullet guide, maybe I'm just lazy or intimidated but I just steered clear. So I just thought surefire was the easiest since I only buy like 2 mags. So for the surefire mags, do the 20 round mags not have the side to side? Did anyone notice the 30 rounders not having good spring tension? It's just weird that I've found two sites now that sell the 20 rounders and the 30 rounders for the exact same price. Makes we wonder about the 30 rounders. . .

I have both 20 and 30 round surefires. Neither ytpe has any wobble on my rifle. Personally I prefer the 20 rounders, they just dont get in the way as much. The surefires are good mags and I did end up throwing a bullet guide in my rifle. The fact that I moded one of my surefires to work with it says something about how I feel about the surefire mags.

As far as the price difference goes....Its gonna cost them about the same about of money to have their molds made for any type of mag and the about of extra plastic in a 30 over a 20 is a matter of cents. I wouldnt worry about that. Just get what makes you happy, or just get one of each. Not like your in cali anymore.

I have both 20 and 30 round surefires. Neither ytpe has any wobble on my rifle. Personally I prefer the 20 rounders, they just dont get in the way as much. The surefires are good mags and I did end up throwing a bullet guide in my rifle. The fact that I moded one of my surefires to work with it says something about how I feel about the surefire mags.

As far as the price difference goes....Its gonna cost them about the same about of money to have their molds made for any type of mag and the about of extra plastic in a 30 over a 20 is a matter of cents. I wouldnt worry about that. Just get what makes you happy, or just get one of each. Not like your in cali anymore.

Yeah, I hear that. I'm pretty fired up to get some of the guns that were deemed evil in Cali. I hear an XDM calling my name. . .

I think I will go with a 20 rounder or maybe like you said, just get one of each.

Surefires are designed to be readily cut down from 30 rounds to 20, 15, or 10 rounds. Just remove the floor plate and spring and follower and "cut along the dotted line" and replace the innards.

That way you keep all of your options open.

Edited by canoecanoe