Attaching a FN FAL or Galil Carry handle?!

I'm trying to find a less invasive way of installing a(n) FN FAL or Galil style carry handle to my Saiga .308 project.

I'm shooting for a Galil style look. I've got the ACE skeleton stock and internal stock adapter. I just recently received my lengthended gas tube back from DINZAG arms.

(Which by the way, is a GREAT company. GREAT customer Service!)

And I just stained my forearm the dark cherry I wanted..

If I could I'd like to find a RPK style carry handle but I don't want to have to purchase a whole parts kit for one part!

So my next step would be finding a surplus FN FAL or Galil Carry handle and fabricating something much like that of the RPK or Galils carry handle and incorporate it into the lower forearm.

I guess I could just weld an attachment up on the trunnion.. but as I mentioned before I'd like to find a less invasive way of mounting the carry handle.

If anyone has got any ideas or if you've done this yourself, PLEASE HELP!

Thank you, ZA_Survivalist.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all, sorry i didn't get the "POSTED THREAD" updates in my email! So I haven't seen the responses. But hey ASTROWRENCH: I'd really be interested in taking a look at the Carrying handle you all have set up.

Does it work with the regular AKM setup with wood forearm and gas tube cover?

I attempted a mini fabrication a few weeks ago with just some scrap metal, but I didn't take into account the area of mounting if I indeed did weld the carry handle nut or loop to the front trunnion, the gas tube locking lever wouldn't be able to come up, it got in the way!

So now I'm looking at maybe a GALIL carry handle fabrication and I'll just have to press some sheet metal around the back of the lower forearm, ultimately that would be the least invasive way.

I see "Vulcan ARMS" or "Black Thorn" has the Galil style carry handle and the back part of the lower hand guard I was talking about that allows you to mount without any modification.. but alas, its "Vulcan Arms".. and I hear a lot of shady stuff about them.. so who knows what'll happen, I might just take a chance and order one?