Update #2: Shot the Saiga .223 Today

As I posted earlier this week, I traded into a converted Saiga .223 AK Wednesday. I was able to take it out this afternoon for function testing. I put 60 rounds of American Eagle Tactical and 20 rounds of TulAmmo .223 through it without a hiccup. The gun shot smoothly, and felt solid and tight. It also appears to be nicely accurate, but I didn't have an area where I could shoot at enough distance to really tell.

My impressions are that this is a nice, good-quality rifle that feels, looks and shoots good. I now need to order some Surefire mags and start thinking about a flash hider. I got a very bright, 18 to 20 inch muzzle flash that I'll need to address. Any suggestions re: getting my barrel threaded and a US made flash hider? user_online.gif

Edited by chuck pullen

I have a .223 also.I bought a FSB for an ak74.That way you I can run the ak74 muzzle break,or the bulgarian flash hider.I feel this will work better than just threading the muzzle cause you'll have the pin already in the FSB to index the break.Only downside right now is FH or muzzle breaks selection is kinda limited.