Saiga 7.62x39 canted gas block

So i've replaced the original saiga gas block with a bulgarian one...but the gas block seems to be canted to the left slightly. So you guys could picture it, i would say its about 11:50 instead of 12 oclock.

It strikes me as weird because i aligned the gas block exactly where the original nudge in the barrel is in. I didnt really pay attention if the original gas block was canted as i never took notice.

I would imagine that the nudge in the barrel was precision made in the factory. The pin would not go into the nudge when i completely centered the gas block.

I actually helped my friend switch out his gas block on his Saiga also....and his is also canted to the left (i would say a little more than mines)

So my question is....will this affect accuracy and/or function of the rifle?

and also how do i fix this? Do i just center the gas block and drill a new nudge over the old original nudge? If i do this...wouldnt the gas block be more prone to moving on its own?

Last question: So i have read two ways of aligning the fsb. One is to take a piece of string and then eye balling it.....the other is to go to range and shoot until happy with it. Does it make a difference at all? Reason i ask this, is that i want the front sight to be as centered to the two wings as possible.

thanks.

It should be OK. My second Saiga was a bit off from the factory, but affected nothing. As for lining up the FSB, I did it by placing the barrel and receiver (forward of the mag catch on a level table top. I then took a yellow plastic carpenter's square, put the flat on the table and checked the 90 degree against the sides of the trunnion and sight base. The I moved the square forward and checked it against both sides of the FSB. It worked perfectly and I had the front post centered in the wings when it sighted in.