Saiga 12 Conversion question

What exactly constitutes a conversion? Is it from "sporting" config to "non-sporting"? I'm a bit confused. I don't forsee moving/changing my fcg, changing my trigger guard or adding a pistol grip since I live in the Sheeples Republik of Mass. I am however changing my stock to a thumbhole and from what I've read so far that still retains the sporting status of the firearm. I just replaced the handguard and plan on changing small parts like the puck, gas plug and maybe the recoil spring to a Tromix Full Power. I'm asking because I wanna play it safe and don't want to stumble into the realm of 922r if I can help it. If the change I've made, plan on making or subsequent changes I'm guaranteed to make in the future alter it enough that 922r applies, I need to know. I'm also considering Carolina Shooter's Supply's "CAROLINA BARREL SHROUD". In my state, a firearm that has a supressor/compensator on it must be either pinned or welded to the barrel, but this is neither a supressor or compensator, right? I know it's rather obvious, but some law man might think different than you or I do. You just never know. Again, I just want to know what changes can trigger 922r, so I don't mess around with getting myself thrown in the slamma. Thanks and all input is welcomed.