posp scope question

I shoot left handed so i went to a gun store that had some rom psl's in stock with military scopes on them. I decided that shooting them left handed didnt feel that weird for me. I think I am going to try one out. If I dont like it I am sure I can sell for only a bit under what I bought it for.

Question: The one at the store didnt have any way to focus the reticule. The sight picture was clear but chevrons and range finder ect. were blurry and almost un useable. The scope had no focus on it. I don't have bad vision and I tried it both left and right handed and it was the same so it was not my eye alignment. Whats is the deal there?

Wow, sounds like a big store to me. I'm jealous!

It may need its focus adjusted after all. I sighted in my PSOP at 50 yards when I first installed it on my Saiga, and the reticule was clear at that distance.

I did a test outside just now and found the reticule is clear at just over five yards. This leads me to believe that either the scope you've found is not working properly, you've misjudged the distance considerably, or a third factor that I'd not considered.

Edited by DrThunder88

went back and tried the scope again and looked out a window with it this time, much better, I think you were right that I was just looking at stuff too close, time I had more natural light, the reticule was clear. As I thought about the distance it was less than 100' because I didnt pic up the rifle and point it around the rather large store, as there was a good amount of people so I was looking at things within about 30' instead of 100. Gracias for the info.

The Russian PSO scopes as well as their Romanian clones dont have the focus adjustment nor parallax, they are preset. Focusing distance is about 10-12 yards. Remember that when looking through such scope in poor lighting it will appear that the scope is out of focus.

Those Romanian scopes have SVD type mounts which dont fit very well with AK type mounts. They dont hold in place when shooting and get loose.

One more thing that applies to you is that all these scopes are abut 1/2" off center to the left. Convenient for right hand shooter but a bitch for lefty. Your neck is gonna hurt and it will always appear to you that the rifle is tilted.